Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to guess Riera aswell. Mainly because Liverpool play with 10 defensive midfielders and Torres. I still don't know why Kuyt plays, the guy is awful. But then I suppose the only backup is Pennant which doesn't say much does it?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Keane is a good signing, give him time, Benitez usually makes one good signing a year ... Torres last, Mascherano year before, dunno Alonso before that... everything else Benitez has signed this summer will be a joke! Riera is a nothing signing, if we signed him there would be outrage on how far we'd fallen to be signing a third rate player and expecting that to make all the difference!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anyone who says Robbie Keane knows nowt :rolleyes:
Give him time ffs. I love the player but dont really want to see him do TOO well lol
He will come good eventually. Pool needed him and it will take time for him to get
used to Rafa's retarded system. He wont have an amazing season but he will
get some important goals Im sure.

My vote goes to Riera.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Dossena maybe? Given the price tag, Robinho is going to have to absolutely light it up to not be labeled a flop. A .250 league goal ratio isn't going to fly for 35million quid is it? Keane is looking awful, but Torres is out, which should allow him to get more central where he definitely thrives so it all depends on that.

My money is on Robinho.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Robinho could be a flop as he might not adapt just as some other south americans have (Forland, Veron etc.) He's small and might not suit the British game but he more than likely will. But I'd have to go Robbie Keane so far, dreadful!!!! He hasn't fit in with Torres, yes i know they haven't had many games but from first impressions I'm sorry Keano, liked you at Spurs definitely not now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lads, its who will be the biggest flop throughout the season.
Dont just base it on half a dozen games Keane has played in a crap Pool team.
Give him time. Out of all the signings (and there were hundreds) most of them
will have been worse than Keane.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Anyone who says Robbie Keane knows nowt :rolleyes:
Give him time ffs. I love the player but dont really want to see him do TOO well lol
He will come good eventually. Pool needed him and it will take time for him to get
used to Rafa's retarded system. He wont have an amazing season but he will
get some important goals Im sure.

My vote goes to Riera.
Jazz...remember when you asked me about Henrik Larsson?

So, do you picture Robbie Keane as something icon-ish 'just because'......?

And do I have to tell you to make it short!? :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
Jazz...remember when you asked me about Henrik Larsson?

So, do you picture Robbie Keane as something icon-ish 'just because'......?

And do I have to tell you to make it short!? :rolleyes::D
I do remember but this is different altogether. This thread is talking about who
will be the biggest flop from ALL the 'millions' of signings and everyone is
saying Robbie based on half a dozen games (some being played on the left).
Fair enough he has been pretty bad but its a big move and he needs a bit of time.
He has done the business at every other club he has been at so why not
Pool while he is in his prime?
I just think its foolish of people to write him off so quick as he IS a class player
and is totally proven in the Premiership.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I do remember but this is different altogether. This thread is talking about who
will be the biggest flop from ALL the 'millions' of signings and everyone is
saying Robbie based on half a dozen games (some being played on the left).
Fair enough he has been pretty bad but its a big move and he needs a bit of time.
He has done the business at every other club he has been at so why not
Pool while he is in his prime?
I just think its foolish of people to write him off so quick as he IS a class player
and is totally proven in the Premiership.
But you defend him with various arguments. Is that because he's Irish?
Im just curious.

And look at every Irish is telling he's class and some of the others say he's the flop. Thats the only reason I asked this.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
But you defend him with various arguments. Is that because he's Irish?
Im just curious.

And look at every Irish is telling he's class and some of the others say he's the flop. Thats the only reason I asked this.
hmmm maybe....
Im not usually one to defend people playing for Liverpool, but in this case I have to.
Im not blind though and have followed his career and I know what he can do.
Thats why he is NO flop. He is proven and you cant judge a player so quickly,
especially after a few games at a new club. Id defend most players in this scenario.
The fact he is Irish makes me want to defend him even more.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
hmmm maybe....
Im not usually one to defend people playing for Liverpool, but in this case I have to.
Im not blind though and have followed his career and I know what he can do.
Thats why he is NO flop. He is proven and you cant judge a player so quickly,
especially after a few games at a new club. Id defend most players in this scenario.
The fact he is Irish makes me want to defend him even more.
Ok thats nice.

Well I agree with you he wont be the biggest flop and probably not a flop at all. I think he'll get his fair share of goals in a club that probably end up somewhere between 3rd and 6th in the league and do pretty well in the cups.

Im no big fan of Robbie Keane myself and I would not want him in Manchester United. Im just so amazed that club wanted to pay that kind of money for him. For your sake I hope he can prove me wrong.

Still every time I see you guys say Robbie Keane is such a great player I think of Fergusons comments about him. :cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
Ok thats nice.

Well I agree with you he wont be the biggest flop and probably not a flop at all. I think he'll get his fair share of goals in a club that probably end up somewhere between 3rd and 6th in the league and do pretty well in the cups.

Im no big fan of Robbie Keane myself and I would not want him in Manchester United. Im just so amazed that club wanted to pay that kind of money for him. For your sake I hope he can prove me wrong.

Still every time I see you guys say Robbie Keane is such a great player I think of Fergusons comments about him. :cool:
I agree with you mostly. I wouldnt want him at United either. There are far better
strikers in the world BUT he is the best striker Ireland has EVER produced
and our record goalscorer (by a long way). He has scored all sorts of beautiful
goals, captained his club and country, scored big goals in World cups etc,...
so he has a good track record and for people to brand him a flop prematurely
is pretty disgraceful imo and shows a great lack of football knowledge.

A lot of Ireland's hopes for qualification to the next World cup rests on his
shoulders but is he scared or intimidated? No, he will do his best and I just hope
its enough (for Ireland that is, not the Scousers) ;)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I agree with you mostly. I wouldnt want him at United either. There are far better
strikers in the world BUT he is the best striker Ireland has EVER produced
and our record goalscorer (by a long way). He has scored all sorts of beautiful
goals, captained his club and country, scored big goals in World cups etc,...
so he has a good track record and for people to brand him a flop prematurely
is pretty disgraceful imo and shows a great lack of football knowledge.

A lot of Ireland's hopes for qualification to the next World cup rests on his
shoulders but is he scared or intimidated? No, he will do his best and I just hope
its enough (for Ireland that is, not the Scousers) ;)
Robbie can be like David Healy. Banging in goals in the National team but not so often in his club.

I think this Brazilian guy Jo in Al Ciddeh could be the biggest flop. With this new owners and their fat stacks of cash he could end up never seeing any daylight at all at the Al Ciddeh bench. If they want to waste too much money on Ronaldo imagine what they could bring to Stadium of broken dreams!?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
Robbie can be like David Healy. Banging in goals in the National team but not so often in his club.

I think this Brazilian guy Jo in Al Ciddeh could be the biggest flop. With this new owners and their fat stacks of cash he could end up never seeing any daylight at all at the Al Ciddeh bench. If they want to waste too much money on Ronaldo imagine what they could bring to Stadium of broken dreams!?
Lmfao. Good shout on Jo as well.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:

nah Robbie has 140 ish goals for his clubs. Healy has about 80 (most of them
in a lower division)
140 goals is A LOT of goals. Look at the names who have scored more goals in
the Prem than him, so he is in good company:
Alan Shearer, Andrew Cole, Thierry Henry, Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand,
Teddy Sheringham, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Dwight Yorke, Ian Wright.

As for Jo, I havent seen much of him, except his last game where he played pretty
well. He is another who needs to be given a chance. ;)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
nah Robbie has 140 ish goals for his clubs. Healy has about 80 (most of them
in a lower division)
140 goals is A LOT of goals. Look at the names who have scored more goals in
the Prem than him, so he is in good company:
Alan Shearer, Andrew Cole, Thierry Henry, Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand,
Teddy Sheringham, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Dwight Yorke, Ian Wright.

As for Jo, I havent seen much of him, except his last game where he played pretty
well. He is another who needs to be given a chance. ;)
I dont doubt his skills but looking at what the owners aiming for Jo could face a tough challenge. Their demand list is pretty stiff. Not sure Jo will be they start to flash their wallets in January. He must really getting the goals. So far he scored 1 i think against the Faroe Island team and he played one of the league games?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
I dont doubt his skills but looking at what the owners aiming for Jo could face a tough challenge. Their demand list is pretty stiff. Not sure Jo will be they start to flash their wallets in January. He must really getting the goals. So far he scored 1 i think against the Faroe Island team and he played one of the league games?
Just cos they have crazy new owners who will splash the cash, doesnt make
him a flop surely? He needs to be given a chance. Wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Just cos they have crazy new owners who will splash the cash, doesnt make
him a flop surely? He needs to be given a chance. Wait and see I guess.
Well this goes for every new signing, right? To be given the chance. ;)

If you see what they went after the last day of the transfer market with bidding on Huntelaar and a few others and with the goals to achieve for Sparky in the coming seasons I can see for myself how Jo gets a chance but already at Christmas its to make it or break it.
Rich and 'charismatic' owners usually dont have patience. They want results...yesterday.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
Well this goes for every new signing, right? To be given the chance. ;)
Yes I agree, thats why I picked Riera, who HAD his chance at City. He was a flop
then so he has the pedigree ;)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Yes I agree, thats why I picked Riera, who HAD his chance at City. He was a flop
then so he has the pedigree ;)
But can be a success playing for the fools. If Keane get his fair chance for them Riera should be given the same. ;)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts