Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
But can be a success playing for the fools. If Keane get his fair chance for them Riera should be given the same. ;)
ok so :rolleyes:
lol lets just wait and see anyways :D
Good talking to you Spelly;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Theres a few players.

Riera was pretty pants at City so theres really nothing to suggest that he will be any good at the Poo.

Theres also Robinho. Talented young player no doubt, but with a massive price-tage and question marks over the way he'll adapt to the Premier League, he could well be a flop.

Carlos Cuellar could be another. £7.8m for an SPL player is a lot of money, and I have serious doubts whether he'll be a success. Mind you, thats if he gets a game.

Ngog and Dossena don't like great players in all honesty, and I wouldn't be suprised if they flopped. (Dossena more than Ngog, as Ngog probably won't get many games)

Fabricio Coloccini, Ignacio Gonzalez and Xisco. If Newcastle concede a lot, then Coloccini at £10m could be described as a flop I guess. As for Gonzalez and Xisco, only time will tell whether they are any good.

Younes Kaboul isn't a great player imo, and Crouch is under serious pressure imo, but I think Crouch will do enough to not be considered as a flop.

David Healy possibly. If he doesn't start scoring for Sunderland, I think question marks would have to be raised about his ability to play in the Prem (I know he doesn't tend to transform his country form into club form, but still)

Everyone will probably have a go at me over this, which I really expect to happen but its my honest, I think Berbatov could struggle depending on how everything goes. I don't expect him to be the biggest flop. However, at £30.75m, is a big gamble imo, and if he doesn't start well, he'll be under serious pressure, and if we don't play well for a spell, or during this season, I don't think he'll play well in that spell or during this season.

{P.S - A lot of those players won't be flops, but I think theirs still question marks hanging over them for the moment.}

·
Registered
286 Posts
Michael Silvestre at Arsenal...
Why they wanted him i have no idea. But robinho 32.5mill? A dont think he can live up to that amount of money...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
dlan4327 said:
Oh wait I didn't choose a flop. Luka Modric. So overrated. In fact so is Niko Kranjcar. I don't know what anybody sees in those two.
niko kranjcar is not overrated.niko is a good player and that's it...but luka - luka is one of the best cmf's in the world...he's shown that so many times against the best and he'll show it again..just wait and see....in fact i have always held him higher than eduardo

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Jazz 16 said:
I do remember but this is different altogether. This thread is talking about who
will be the biggest flop from ALL the 'millions' of signings and everyone is
saying Robbie based on half a dozen games (some being played on the left).
Fair enough he has been pretty bad but its a big move and he needs a bit of time.
He has done the business at every other club he has been at so why not
Pool while he is in his prime?
I just think its foolish of people to write him off so quick as he IS a class player
and is totally proven in the Premiership.
jazzy man...let them....let them choose keane and get embarassed and the end of the season ! like myself with torres situation

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
hmmm - considering that it is very rear that a team wins EPL 3 times in a row and not once did the team win CL in successive seasons i actually think Berbatov may become a flop ....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This thread just gets stranger and stranger :confused:
People saying Saha and Silvestre will be flops? thats real sound :rolleyes:
Modric and Krancjar are overrated? :confused:
Dont get me started about Keane again....
and now Berbatov might be a flop?
struth, give me strength.......
Im out of this thread for good. It gives me a headache.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Its crazy isnt it Jazz, Berba and keane did it every year for spurs and now they have better players with them. They are quality players and both will do well!

·
23,699 Posts
I don't think it would be Robbie Keane. Despite being a well travelled man amongst clubs he played for, I have yet to recall once when he was a flop. I honestly thought he was an excellent buy to partner Torres then but have yet to be vindicated in this view as of now. And I also think he is too experienced for that 'honour". Perhaps give him some time?

I think the 'honours' may well go to Reira. Stilll wondering why Liverpool bothered to buy him. Must be something we all failed to see.
;) :D

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
my pick goes for deggen at liverpool, I dont think he is big four quality at all, I beleive he didnt play a single minute for switzerland at the euros.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
who the hell is reira??! left mid who played for city?!!When!??! Flopped and now is a 9 million player?? Unless rafa is a genius the omens are all against this guy!

But honestly, keane right now looks a little lost but thats because he is new into life at liverpool and needs a settling down period. He has only played 45 minutes of one game on the left, never before for liverpool so thats no an excuse. Give him time, once he settles down with liverpool and not worrying about playing with torres and keeping his team mates happy, he'll start doing his thing...He could well flop who knows, but i'd back him to do well.

Robinho has a huge price tag and even though talent wise he is worth it, coming to the premier league and playing for city out of all the teams he could be for, wont exactly be the best help but who knows, i like the guy so i actually hope he does well and keeps denting our rivals chances of winning trophies.

The big russian striker spurs have got could be the biggest flop if he does not settle in well, though he is big so bentley should have something to aim for, so he could come well!

Not really sure!

good thread

pz

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Jazz 16 said:
jazzy, my man - i'm not saying berbatov will be a flop BUT if we don't win anything important this year ( and the history is against us ), then it would be a massive disappointment considering the money we've spent on a single player.... get it ?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts