Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think??Whan was it???

Some people sais that it was in 80s,whan we called FR Yugoslavia,but I don't remember it,I was a little boy than.But I do remember late 90s and famous Yugoslavia team:

GK:Ivica Kralj
LB:Sinisa Mihajlovic
CB:Miroslav Djukic
CB:Goran Djorovic
RB:Zoran Mirkovic
ML:VladimirJugovic
MC:Dejan Savicevic
MC:Slavisa Jokanovic
MR:Dragan Stojkovic
ST:Savo Milosevic
ST:predrag Mijatovic

subs:Aleksandar Kocic,Mladen Krstajic,Dejan Stankovic,Dejan Govedarica,Darko Kovacevic.........

OMG,What a team:eek:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
as i'm english the obvious choice would be the world cup winning team of 66

gordon banks
goerge cohen
jack charlton
bobby moore
ray wilson
nobby styles
sir bobby charlton
alan ball
roger hunt
martin peters
sir goeff hurst

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ireland at Italia '90. Got to the quarter finals against the hosts Italy and got pipped 1-0 by a lucky, scrappy, dodgy goal from Toto Schillaci. Im not still bitter really ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0O0gnPKg4 -Put em under pressure, best anthem ever + Italia 90 highlights :)
Best fans in the world. Got to the quarters but the whole nation supported the boys when they came back heroes.....
Good old Jackie Charlton with great players like Bonner, Townsend, McGrath, Quinn, Sheedy, Irwin, Houghton, Aldridge, Stan, Phelan, OLeary, Brady etc etc

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
ya bastad Jazz.......i just had a shower and now i'm sweating uncontrollably.....

great vid..........brought a tear to my eye.........

btw......Were you there Jazz.......??

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
ya bastad Jazz.......i just had a shower and now i'm sweating uncontrollably.....

great vid..........brought a tear to my eye.........

btw......Were you there Jazz.......??
I was in Dublin, partying on the streets along with the rest of the country. The night we beat Romania to get to the quarters I rolled around the wet dirt on the streets cos I was so excited and happy. I was only 10 though.
My happiest football memories (along with '99) was that month.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I was in Dublin, partying on the streets along with the rest of the country. The night we beat Romania to get to the quarters I rolled around the wet dirt on the streets cos I was so excited and happy. I was only 10 though.
lol

I think the 2002 world cup team....with Keano.....would give that team a good game though.........but the spirit in the Italai 90 team seems incredible......tbh....:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
no concrete in ireland? :p

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
haha

Australia team of now, is arguably our strongest. Our '74 team was good, and we had some good players late 80's early 90's when we beat the likes of Argentina 4-1.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
andycole9 said:
as i'm english the obvious choice would be the world cup winning team of 66

gordon banks
goerge cohen
jack charlton
bobby moore
ray wilson
nobby styles
sir bobby charlton
alan ball
roger hunt
martin peters
sir goeff hurst
I've heard some people say our team in 1970 was better and should have won the World Cup. I didn't see them play though so I'll have to say the '66 team too for the fact that they were World Champions.

Also, some people might argue that Jimmy Greaves should be in that XI.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Im mexican so our best team was probably the 94 team, we were beaten in the round of sixteen by a bulgarian team led by hristov stoichkov on penalties, but I really like our future with kids like ochoa, vela, dos santos, guardado, etc, mexico world champions 2014

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
migueldadon said:
Im mexican so our best team was probably the 94 team, we were beaten in the round of sixteen by a bulgarian team led by hristov stoichkov on penalties, but I really like our future with kids like ochoa, vela, dos santos, guardado, etc, mexico world champions 2014
:eek: ......ooooooohh......that's gonna be great team......you do have a great future.Good for you:)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I cant remember the Republic team of Italia 90, But i thought the team that qualified for the WC 2002 was the strongest i have seen it been, To finish 2nd in a group with Holland (Who we put out!, Get day that was) and Portugal only by goal difference was brillant, So i think this was the strongest!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Croatia,wining third place in France 1998 were a great team with Boban,Šuker,Prosinečki,Bilić,Šimić...but this one today I think has the potential to make even better result

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
I cant remember the Republic team of Italia 90, But i thought the team that qualified for the WC 2002 was the strongest i have seen it been, To finish 2nd in a group with Holland (Who we put out!, Get day that was) and Portugal only by goal difference was brillant, So i think this was the strongest!
I concur...........The Italia 90 team was fantastic and had great spirit but weren't as good as football team as the 2002 team imho........

And mate, we did all that at the World Cup 2002 without Keano.........

Most people, even non-irish fans say we could, in fact would have won it if we had Keano.....:eek:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
I concur...........The Italia 90 team was fantastic and had great spirit but weren't as good as football team as the 2002 team imho........

And mate, we did all that at the World Cup 2002 without Keano.........

Most people, even non-irish fans say we could, in fact would have won it if we had Keano.....:eek:
Ive seen every game from both era's and I can safely say that the 1990 team was better. Full of leaders and winners.

I do agree that if keano was around in '02 we would have gone much further.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts