Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of Van Der Sar's Rooney's and Giggsy's performances yesterday ?

tbh Rooney was good but he screwed his performance by his unnecessary yellow card and it will cost us lots
he had few good shots but he could have done better

Van Der had a great save but for me he looked shaky a bit in the beginning when he was receiving some high balls he was getting backwards and i was worried that he would catch the ball while he is in the net :confused:

Giggsy probably had his second best performance of the season he made fun of inter's defence not by only his amazing dribbling skills but by his super passing as he was the best player on the field

carry on

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Not much to say, the 3 of them were instrumental in yesterday`s win, just like they were in the whole season.

Van Der Sar made a couple of good chances, Rooney had some few on target shots too and i was a bit disappointed not to see him in the score sheet .. Oh and Giggs? Fabuloso :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Rooney was extra violent that yellow card will cost us :mad:
Thats how Rooney plays the game Abo, i wouldn't change it for the world. People pick up yellow cards.... you have to understand emotions run high in games like this.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats how Rooney plays the game Abo, i wouldn't change it for the world. People pick up yellow cards.... you have to understand emotions run high in games like this.
no emotions in such tackles vava :rolleyes:

in the game versus inter at san siro the yellow was from emtions but yesterdays foul was silly :whistling:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
They were good last night...in fact whole team played just fine...but I can't not to mention Rooney's performances....he was just outstanding....he played with passion,he had everything....running,dribling,and great assist for second goal.When he plays,we have 15 players on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
VDS solid, nothing he could do about the shots that hit post and bar.

Giggs was the standout player for me. his moving and passing, bar the odd few but there stray passes from everyone early on last night, were amazing. has to be the creeping up on vida for Player Of The Year awards:thumbsup:

Rooney came alive in the second linked up well with giggs for 2nd goal. done very well and showed patience by holding ball up at edge of box before he hit a sublime cross. his shooting from range was good and caused Cesar problems. saw him take a kick to his foot before coming off, hopefully its nothing:eek:

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Rooney wasn't great. Big plus for his assist, and teamwork on that left side, but he gave the ball away badly a few times, one of them led to Adriano's chance that hit the post.

The seats in row z were tested more than VDS was.

Giggs was unbelievable.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
VDS played well but had a couple of dodgy moments imo, and he needs to sort himselves out. He was poor in the Newcastle game, and also in the Fulham game. Hopefully he isn't slipping back into his early season form.

I thought Rooney was poor early on. He kept giving the ball away a lot, especially in the final third, but he was great in the second. Also, he was played on the left again and put in a great shift and played for the team as he always is willing to do. I agree with you abo that his foul was silly, and I think he was taken off at the right time of he may have received another yellow for his troubles.

As for Giggs, he was fantastic (my MOTM.) He had an excellent start, but at the end of the first half he started giving the ball away a lot. But in the second he was excellent again, and he looked like the Giggs of old :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Rooney was extra violent that yellow card will cost us :mad:
Is Wayne due a ban now?

He did some great tracking back and I thought his yellow was a little harsh, it was his only mistimed tackle of the night... he made a few other excellent challenges!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Is Wayne due a ban now?

He did some great tracking back and I thought his yellow was a little harsh, it was his only mistimed tackle of the night... he made a few other excellent challenges!
It was his second foul in two minutes, and like 3 fouls in 10 minutes. Every FIFA ref is going to book you for that.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
It was his second foul in two minutes, and like 3 fouls in 10 minutes. Every FIFA ref is going to book you for that.
yeah well said in all fairness he deserved the card for the tackle, i mean after all we'd be shouting a screaming for an position player to get a card for a tackle like that

as for rooneys performance i thought yet again he was mostly playing out of position and still put in a great shift, he's a real team player and deserves praise :specool:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
yeah well said in all fairness he deserved the card for the tackle, i mean after all we'd be shouting a screaming for an position player to get a card for a tackle like that

as for rooneys performance i thought yet again he was mostly playing out of position and still put in a great shift, he's a real team player and deserves praise :specool:
Yeah, I can't remember who mentioned it but I agree that it was awesome seeing him launch those shots from far out. He kept stinging Cesar's palms, and I don't think he handled one cleanly. Could have been an easy goal for one of the strikers, and did almost lead to one for Berbs.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Rooney was awesome 2nd half and put in a great shift. Great cross for Ronnie's goal and some cracking shots.
I thought he made too many mistakes first half but overall a very good performance.

VDS kept another clean sheet, made some saves and collected/caught the ball on numerous occasions.
Very competent in goal, no probs here.

Giggs was like Giggs of old, weaving his way past defenders with great skill. Amazing to watch. What does he eat for dinner?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Rooney was awesome 2nd half and put in a great shift. Great cross for Ronnie's goal and some cracking shots.
I thought he made too many mistakes first half but overall a very good performance.

VDS kept another clean sheet, made some saves and collected/caught the ball on numerous occasions.
Very competent in goal, no probs here.

Giggs was like Giggs of old, weaving his way past defenders with great skill. Amazing to watch. What does he eat for dinner?
everytime he turned and started to run with the ball i started to get rather worked up 1999 vs arsenal-esk :specool:

i must admit id like to see the Italian newspapers 2 weeks ago they were raving on about carrick id like to see who they are raving on about this week

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Team played fairly well, but it was just about getting the win..

VDS was a bit shaky but done ok, couldn't really stop the ball hittin the woodwork twice..

Rooney played well even when he was on the left wing, had some cracking attempts at goal, brillant assist for Ronaldos goal, but he was stupid diving in and getting a yellow card, hope it doesn't come back against him..

Giggs gave the ball away on a few ocassions but even Scholesy was misplacing passes,
he didnt play on the left wing and came inside alot but he made a brillant run on the lead up to Ronaldos goal and overall was probably our best player along with Rooney on the night..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts