Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC United of Manchester - Official FCUM Web Site

Youth United Day is a perfect day for any first timers to go down to FC United especially if they have children or are children! Last year was one of the best football matches Ive ever been too, amazing match & atmosphere and a great attendence! SERIUOSLY, if you've never been before or been once or twice- or even if you are a regular FC United fan- get your self to that football ground!!! Should be an amazing day!!!! Perfect day for adults, OAPs, children, teenagers, youth groups, schools, ANYONE!!!!!!!

MUFCUM
2 Uniteds but the Soul is 1!

Video of last years Youth United Day: YouTube - Youth United Day 1st March v Bamber Bridge

This years promotion video of YUD: YouTube - Youth United Day

Match day poster here: http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/posters/Youth_United_Day_2009_Poster_Hires.pdf

So if anyone knows anyone from friends to a local youth group or football team and are MUFC fans- GET THEM TO THIS GAME!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Very successful last year, was great to see all the different
youthgroups there. :thumbsup:
A great way to get the youngsters involved in football.

I'll be there again +4 noobs. :thumbsup:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Is the whole goal of this to bring youth teams to the games?

If so, that's pretty cool. Good luck, and I'd be there if I could.

S

·
0 Posts
Is the whole goal of this to bring youth teams to the games?

If so, that's pretty cool. Good luck, and I'd be there if I could.
Not just youth teams mate, Youth groups, childrens groups, in fact to just give any youngsters
the chance to experience going to a game where they might not get the chance anywhere else.

Anyone under 18 is admitted free and lots of events take place to get them more involved.
Here's a vid from last seasons YouthUnited day, gives an idea of what it's like.
YouTube - Youth United Day 1st March v Bamber Bridge

S

·
0 Posts
Pretty cool to see an NPO giving to the community. Though I suppose that's what NPOs do....
That's exactly what FCUM is all about . :thumbsup:

Fan Base
This week FC United fan Vinny Thompson

Success of a fan-led club

NonLeague Today

FC UNITED are very special to all of us involved with the football club. The whole concept is a new way forward in football, a club which is supporter led, and democratically owned by the supporters.

It is a way for the man in the street to gain access into sport, to take decisions within a club and what's more, it has been a success. None of us came into this with any expertise of running a football club.

Living in Tameside, my only involvement in NonLeaque was to go and watch a few games, but since FC United came into existence, everyone had grown with the club.

An important aspect of FC United is the commitment to the community.

In fact our constitution states that FC United must be "accessible and of benefit to all communities of Greater Manchester."

That commitment is demonstrated by us having 300 volunteers working with local groups.

In a couple of week's time I'll be organising a tournament for kids from care homes from all the North West.

In a scheme being supported by the Co-op, we will be working with refugee groups.

There will also be a tournament for four local mosques who have formed their own teams.

We hold inclusion days when under 18s are allowed into games for free.
This will ensure that kids from areas where they have never seen live sport will be able to watch a game.

People from most areas within our communities would come and support football if only we reached out to them.

As you know we have big support, and they do like to make a lot of noise. We call them the 90/90 fans.

That is 90 per cent of the fans sing for 90 minutes. But we still respect our NonLeague roots and enjoy the great camaraderie among NonLeaque supporters.

When we started off In the North West Counties a few short years ago we took big crowds to other grounds and that has continued as we moved up the Pyramid.

The banter and rapport with opposition fans in clubhouses and local pubs is great. That is something which is special to NonLeague.
....................................................................................................

Part of our constitution........

The club will develop strong links with the local community and strive to be accessible to all, discriminating against none.

The club will endeavour to make admission prices as affordable as possible, to as wide a constituency as possible.

The club will encourage young, local participation - playing and supporting - whenever possible.

S

·
0 Posts
Fantastic successful day today, crowd of 3120 (well over 1,000 under 18s),
lots of families there as well as the organised youth groups, football teams and other groups,
a great advert for football and a lot of hard organization really paid off.
A quick video of some of todays YUD.
YouTube - YUD 2009 0001
Some pictures from today.
http://fcumick.me.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=8775

Oh yeah and FCUM won 4 - 0 to make the day even better.:D

FC United continue their quest for a play off spot by taking on an out of form North Ferriby at Gigg Lane.
For full match highlights, click here
FCUM.TV for the fans by the fans [ FC United of Manchester ]

FC United...By the fans....For the fans.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I personally thought today was disapointing :(- great attendence and result but ALL my mates went home at half time because they were bored :( and I know of another 2 people who went after 20 mins! But apart from that was a good day :)

MUFCUM!

S

·
0 Posts
I guess being 3 - 0 up at half time is boring for some people really.
Can't please everybody all the time can we ?

This thing of ours !! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I personally thought today was disapointing :(- great attendence and result but ALL my mates went home at half time because they were bored :( and I know of another 2 people who went after 20 mins! But apart from that was a good day :)

MUFCUM!
:eek:

I guess being 3 - 0 up at half time is boring for some people really.
Can't please everybody all the time can we ?

This thing of ours !! :thumbsup:
:rolleyes:

i will have to get to Gigg Lane sometime, end of this/start of next season......

S

·
0 Posts
i will have to get to Gigg Lane sometime, end of this/start of next season......
You'll be made more than welcome mate. :thumbsup:
Bet you even know quite a few from United games as well. ;)
I'll have the beers waiting. :thumbsup:

S

·
0 Posts
One quote (from the many saying the same) on the FCUM forum sums up today

Made my day. Young kid(about 10 years old) sat next to me in the main stand. Me and the rest of the middy crew (those who were'nt banished to the MRE) were stood there singing. He and his three young sisters were sat down and could'nt see anything come kick off time, so I said to him, "stand on the seat" He looked at his mum and shook his head. So I stood on the seat. Eventually he stood on the seat and started watching the match. After about 5 minutes he turned and said to me " aye mister do you always stand at the match?" i said "yeh course we do" His reply "If we do it at Rochdale we get done" Smiling I just said "our club our rules kid". By the end of the match he was singing and clapping, looking around and realy buzzing off the experience.
That is what this club is all about.

You couldn't put a price on that. :first:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts