Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3517310,00.html

Zinedine Zidane will become the new manager of QPR later on Sunday, according to a report in Sunday's newspapers.

The sensational claim dominates The People's backpage on Sunday morning, with the paper declaring: 'Rangers owner Flavio Briatore has promised a major announcement before today's final match of the season at home to West Brom - and informed whispers insist he'll name Zidane as Loftus Road boss.'

Rangers captain Gareth Ainsworth is described as 'adding to the intrigue' by inviting fans to attend the 'dawn of a new era'. "Sunday promises to be a day every QPR fan, old and young, remembers for the rest of their lives," he wrote in his programme notes.

QPR's match with the Baggies is scheduled for a 2pm kick-off.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
well.......this was the worst rumour that has started this season!

Zizu.....a manager!! :p:p:p............No chance!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
This would be great for english football QPR are clearly going places and im expecting a big influx of players there this season . I was up near there ground the other month having a drink in a boozer and these lads were saying they would win the league in five years . As you could imagin I was just laughing my head off but if they have the money you never know do you .

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
That would be wonderful for QPR and football in general. Hey grab Figo as well and start building QPR up as a force. I'm all for more depth in English football. Currently there aren't enough team capable of mounting a sustained title challenge in the Premiership. Everton are capable if they have all their players fit. Given time Tottenham, maybe. Portsmouth are good but not that good, Man City have faded & Aston Villa can't consistently get the results against big teams. The best thing about the Serie A in the past more so than currently was that there were plenty of teams who could challenge for the Scudetto. Like Lazio back when Sven was manager. Currently Napoli, Atalanta, Lazio, Sampdoria & Udinese are all capable of beating big teams consistently along side the big four teams in Italy.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Keano! said:

Zizu.....a manager!! ............No chance!
Keano become one.... :rolleyes:

I wanna see what he does if at all he becomes one !

Will he be as good a manager as a player ?

Maybe.... Maybe not !

Wait and see.........

P.S Is it official yet ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My idol

I am very happy for him...
My idol will continue work in football....
It is excellent....
I wish him good luck. :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
I'm with Keano! What a stupid rumour!

Di Canio has done a good job since he took over and I doubt he will be replaced. Even if they did replace Di Canio, I would put money on the fact it wouldn't be Zinedine Zidane! :rolleyes:

Well, the afternoon has passed and no major announcement I'm afraid.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
manutd004 said:
I'm with Keano! What a stupid rumour!

Di Canio has done a good job since he took over and I doubt he will be replaced. Even if they did replace Di Canio, I would put money on the fact it wouldn't be Zinedine Zidane! :rolleyes:

Well, the afternoon has passed and no major announcement I'm afraid.
Well, we did tell you it was a stupid rumour.

Instead of hiring Zinedine Zidane, they hired the MIGHTY IAIN DOWIE! :eek:

Honestly. Luigi Di Canio is a much better manager than Iain Dowie. As I said, Di Canio has done a good job since he took over, and I was surprised they replaced him tbh. Pity I didn't put money on the fact it wasn't going to be Zidane or I would be a winner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts